Honestly, I never even knew blogging awards existed! This is awesome!!! Guess what readers? I WON ONE! Wooooooo! Say whaaaaaaaaat?! Yes I did, uh-hm! I was nominated by The Captain’s Speech. If you’ve never been to his blog, please visit! He’s so funny and his topics are super relate able! He nominated me, even though I’m a new blogger, which is really sweet and really awesome! I absolutely 100% accept and I’m way too excited about this. Is that weird? Who cares!
Rules: (Feel free to break them)
1. Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
2. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award.
4. Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
5. Copy these rules in the post.
6. ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION.
I’m going to break the rules and only nominate a few bloggers because, well, I can do whatever I damn well please.
HarsH ReaLiTy – His posts are random, funny, and definitely honest.
Art by Rob Goldstein– He’s an advocate for Mental Health and wellness. He also posts a variety of different topics from art to photography. Check it out!
Wil – The first blog I ever read by Wil was about homosexuality and I can’t wait for more posts from this new blogger.
Myka Takes NV – This is a blogger that I’ve actually personally known since we were children. We disconnected and reconnected only to find out that we’re both bloggers. She writes about love and loss and everything in between!
The 10 Questions that The Captain’s Speech asked are as follows:
1. Describe, in detail, the most awkward situation you’ve ever been in.
Hmmm, the most awkward situation. Gosh that’s so difficult, I’m always so damn awkward. Well, when I was giving birth to my daughter that ENTIRE situation was really awkward. First, her award winning father was flirting with all of the nurses. Then they asked me if I would allow a group of med students to stand by and watch me giving birth to my daughter. I thought, “sure, why not? My business is out there anyway!”. Well, little did I know there were going to be 6 of them in my room, plus nurses, plus the doctor. The nurse that was holding one of my legs couldn’t handle my strength so they asked one of the male med students to hold my leg. He looked at my ex and asked if it was okay and my ex said, “Go for it bud, you’d be watching anyway!”. Twenty-two hours later I finally had the baby and when the doctor told me he was going to sew me up I said, “Make me feel 14 again doc!”.
2. When was the last time you used your car horn and why?
About two weeks ago, some lady was on the phone and wouldn’t move when the light turned green. I’m very patient so I waiting for a few seconds and she just wasn’t paying attention. My honk was accompanied by, “what the hell lady! GET OFF YOUR FRIGGING PHOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
3. If I gave you one million dollars right now (don’t get your hopes up), what would you do with it?
I would buy a new car, a home, and fill up my daughter’s college fund. After that I’d donate some to our local fostered youth and the rest I’d invest. That stuff doesn’t last forever and I’m only 25! I have a long way to go before I croak…I hope anyway.
4. What song describes you?
Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing LOL
5. If I put your favourite cake in front of you and said you’d have to wait five hours for utensils and a plate, would you wait, or dig right in and eat it with your hands?
I’d eat it with my hands. Never, ever keep a fat kid away from her cake.
6. Out of all the contacts in your phone, how many of them do you talk/text on a regular basis?
Probably 4 out of 400 contacts.
7. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
The most famous person I’ve ever met in person was a Portuguese artist so let’s stick to someone everyone might know. I met Brett Michaels at my job two years ago.
8. When you wash your hands, do you wet your hands first and then apply soap, or do you put soap on your hands first and then apply water?
I apply water first, then I apply soap, I lather really well and I actually wash my entire hand (even the back of my hand) not just my palms.
9. What are your favourite pizza toppings?
Hawaiian! Ham and pineapple YUM!
10. What’s your first memory?
Jeeze, this one’s even tougher than the first one. My first memory swinging on a clothesline while my grandfather painted the back of his house. I miss him.
My 10 Questions Are (and I’m going to steal his idea and say if you haven’t been nominated but you’d like to answer these, you can!):
1. What is the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
2. What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
3. What’s your favorite word and why?
4. If you could use one word to describe yourself, what would it be and why?
5. If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? What question would you ask them?
6. Who would you really like to just punch in the face (besides me)?
7. If you were the opposite sex for a day, what would you do (other than rub your new found genitals on people)?
8. Do you have a secret talent and what is it?
9. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere and you have to leave RIGHT NOW, where are you going?
10. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?