In a world based off of social media sites, it’s inevitable that I mention something that I’ve noticed a lot lately on social media sites. People ranting and raving about something or other; going on and on about issues, re-posting, liking, asking for likes, begging for likes, do this, do that, don’t do this, don’t do that, don’t you hate the government? Like if you love Jesus, like if you hate cancer, like if you hate Michelle two streets down.
I am guilty of this, you are guilty of this, we are all guilty of this.
Why aren’t we doing? Why aren’t we donating our money to Children’s Hospital instead of “liking” the picture of the little bald girl with sad eyes, completely aware of what might become of her? Why aren’t we going to church instead of sharing pictures of Jesus; and even though Michelle two streets down might be a bit of a slut and she’s sleeping with your dad, why don’t we tell that bitch Michelle that she’s…Well…A bitch? Better yet, why don’t we just leave Michelle alone because you want to be the better person. Why should your relationship be “Facebook Official” for it to be real? Why has not posting this on Facebook ended relationships?
I understand the fact that all of these “shares” and “likes” are raising awareness. I understand that these “likes” and “shares” are worth it if they get just even one person to donate, or contribute their time, or speak up. My question is…Why haven’t you done any of these things? It is not okay for you to feel validated just by clicking a button. It is not okay for you to pretend that you’re oh so religious and worthy, when you don’t even think about your faith until you’re “sharing”. It is not okay to pretend you like people when you obviously don’t.
How about my favorite posts?
- My boyfriend is a lying, cheating, worm….I love my boyfriend, bitches be trippin trynna take him away from me.
- This drought is ridiculous! I couldn’t even go to the lake this weekend because of it UGH!…I just took a two hour shower, it felt soooo amazing OH EM GEE!
- Wow, so much for having friends. When you need them they’re not even there for you…LEEEEET’S PARRRRTTTYYYY, out with my girlies *winkity winky wink wink wink wink*
- Your boyfriend IS scum and he IS sleeping with all of these people and you SHOULD gain some self respect and leave the idiot instead of blaming all of the women he’s sleeping with who may not even know he has a girlfriend.
- This drought issue is getting out of hand as we all know, but why haven’t we been doing our part to conserve? There is no reason for you to keep watering your lawn all day and night or letting your children play in the sprinklers. What are you doing in the shower for that long anyway? Whatever it is, I’m sure it can be done elsewhere because you’re certainly not BATHING.
- You’re just as fake as you think your friends think you think they think you think they are.
YEAH I SAID IT.
We all post on social media, we all gripe, we all feel totally dissatisfied with our lives at some point. What are we doing to improve ourselves, our lives, our situations? These are all questions you should ask yourselves, and these are all questions that I have been asking myself lately.
I need to work out, I need to go back to school, I need to make more money, I need to support my daughter better financially, I need to stop being so damn hateful, I need to stop worrying about social media, and I need to stop worrying about other people’s lives.
We need to stop being a generation that sits back and watches…We need to be a generation that knows how to get our point across. There are so many of you who DO take the extra steps to actually make a difference and it is appreciated and noticed. Nothing is impossible.
Don’t just post it…Do it.